Matte Painting Supervisor
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Matte Painting Supervisor, you will use your experience as a qualified leader in your field to guide and inspire your team, while maintaining a smooth relationship and working in unison with the other departments for the successful production of the animated feature films you help create.
- Lead your team in creating Photo-realistic DMP’s, stylized DMP’s and concept art.
- Collaborate and keep fluid communication with other departments and production to meet targets.
- Assign the work to each team member, according to interests and skill.
- Give guidance to the team and supervise the quality of the work.
- Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Actively participate in meetings to set direction and creative goals, ensuring that technical and budgetary requirements are met.
- Highlight cost implications of requests or changes.
- Help maintain the directory structure, naming conventions, and files.
- Interact with other departments to troubleshoot creative and technical issues and ensure continuity and that all elements work within a sequence.
- Acts as the primary contact person and is responsible for the department.
- Collaborates and keeps a fluid communication relation with other departments.
- Give guidance to the team, supervise the quality of the work and work closely with production in the fulfillment of deadlines.
- Partner with HR and the talent team to source and recruit the best industry talent.
- Mentor potential up-and-coming talent to make them grow in the Studio.
- Flag ENV sup and VFX sup when needed as cross-departmental dependencies arise.
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues as they arise.
- Act as an ambassador of the company. Has an extensive network in the industry and plays a key role in selling the studio as a first-class working place, maintaining ongoing relationships with key industry players.
- 8+ years of professional experience in animation industries or VFX.
- 4+ years of leadership experience as a Lead in the animation industry or VFX with a strong creative/technical background.
- A strong creative/technical background as a proven leader in setting direction for production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
- Professional Mastering Photoshop, Houdini with Arnold, Nuke, Mari and Z-brush.
- Experience building new pipelines.
- Advanced English level.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01