Manager, Technical Program Management, XR
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated manager for a team of Technical Program Managers. As a member of XR, you will collaborate with engineering, product management, design and other subject areas, supporting the teams in their internal processes, building and improving team development and feature velocity at Unity. Under normal circumstances, some amount of international travel is expected.
Our mission in Unity XR is helping teams deliver their creations to the widest possible audience, seamlessly to the devices they use. We are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. We are investing heavily in these areas to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is.
What you'll be doing
- Always be iterating on production processes and methodologies to continuously improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility; lead by example with well facilitated meetings, clear agendas, and timely follow through on actions
- Coordinate with R&D engineering leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of feature development goals and partner commitments
- Use effective communication, tools, and program management strategies to ensure that goals are met, internal partners are informed, and teams are up-to-date with progress
- Be a change management specialist and facilitator in the organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go bold!
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Ability to gracefully handle change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, internal and external; listening to, speaking with, and resolving differences with subject matter authorities
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mentality; be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well – experience encouraging and growing these instincts with your teams
- Familiarity with complex multi-platform technologies and challenges in real-time content application development
You might also have
- Experience using the Unity engine or other 3d real-time engines
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Literacy and demonstrable experience with Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall, and other development methodologies
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USADate posted: 2021-12-17