Manager, Software Engineering, Remote Config
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity Remote Config is a suite of tools we use to empower developers to change application configurations remotely in real-time; increasing iteration speed and facilitating deployment and tuning of software. Our platform has been incorporated into thousands of live Unity projects to facilitate a wide range of configuration and analytics tooling. These tools help our developers create the best gaming experience imaginable.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to lead Remote Config’s engineering efforts into 2022 and beyond. The combined effect of our Unity SDK, our microservices and APIs, and our dashboards reach millions of end users. Unity developers deserve a reliable and efficient platform to configure their games, and you can have a huge impact designing and maintaining scalable systems we can use as a foundation for multiple initiatives across many parts of the Unity organization.
This role will involve a fair amount of hands-on engineering, but is primarily a people-focused role. We are lookinig for someone who can attract and retrain high quality engineering talent. Someone who can coordinate long term efforts with other teams, and break large tasks into deliberate chunks on a weekly basis.
If you thrive on shaping robust systems and leading the engineers who build and maintain them, we’ve got a great job opportunity for you!What you'll be doing
- Take ownership of ultimate technical direction for Remote Config products
- Collaborate with product and other teams to align on long term strategy
- Support the engineering team members as they advance in their career goals
- Communicate team vision internally and externally to various stakeholders
- Manage Cloud Infrastructure as we scale and integrate with other Unity products
- Experience leading cross-team initiatives - high emphasis on proactive action
- Good communication skills - the ability to contribute to high level discussions and relay information across multiple channels
- Comfortable giving and receiving fierce feedback
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges that come with building distributed, highly available, and scalable, cloud based systems
- Working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure: GCP, AWS, or similar
- Mentorship or leadership experience - leading a pod or team of engineers
- Docker-based deployment systems
- Managing Kubernetes at scale
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20