Manager, Software Development - Mobile Services
At Unity, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real time 3D technologies. The Mobile Creators team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
We are looking for a Manager, Software Development, Mobile Services to help make real-time 3D accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. Unity sees an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to the millions of people creating content on their mobile devices. This is the early stages of a brand new AR product that you have the opportunity to help define. You will bring with you a wealth of user-first experience and expertise by both prototyping and scaling our backend as we grow.
You will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to release products that delight and amaze our customers. You will build and lead a team responsible for the backend services for a new mobile content creation application. This will include supporting collaboration and building community for our users.
What you’ll be doing
- Build, lead and mentor a backend services team of all experience levels
- Accountable for delivery, technical solutions and architecture of the Mobile Creators backend services
- Enable rapid iteration through CI/CD, Observability and Analytics
- Guiding the services through the phases of scaling as our user base grows
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment where all perspectives are heard, best ideas win and the whole team has an opportunity to innovate, learn and succeed
What we’re looking for
- Ability to grow and manage engineering teams with a focus on delivery and quality
- Engineering manager for at least one shipped application or service
- Ability to design, develop and scale backends for mobile applications
- Experience with deploying and maintaining scalable applications on a cloud platform
You might also have
- Experience with large scalable backends for games or social applications
- Experience with scheduling and planning engineering projects
- Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD, C#, Golang
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#LI-JB#SEN
Location: Port Coquitlam, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20