Manager, Service Reliability Engineering
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work! We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Future Technology Group
Service Reliability Engineering Manager
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our Service Reliability Engineering team plays a significant role in delivering on the promise of a great cloud gaming experience to our customers. We do this by influencing design and operational decisions towards the overall stability of the gaming service.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our network, what we are doing right, and what can be improved. They are empowered to say when new features are ready for production, and work with other teams to ensure the quality of production releases. As an SRE manager, you will provide technical leadership and be able to influence decisions about the S/W engineering process as well as provide leadership in and Operational processes. In this leadership role you will be influencing the outcome of Service Delivery and S/W automation engineering.
- Build and manage a team of engineers across many time zones who work to analyze and maintain service stability by documenting policies in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime and reliability of all networks, servers, storage, and ancillary infrastructure to fulfill the mission of unyielding site stewardship.
- Work closely with multi-functional teams collaborating on negotiate requirements, specifications, schedules, quality, and technical acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with Project Management, Operational and Engineering peers to develop innovative technical solutions that meet FTG’s needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Identify tactical issues and emerging areas of concern.
- Develop reports and feedback to inform technical solutions that meet design needs.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proven experience managing an operations organization in a 24/7 global infrastructure as well as a record of individual technical achievements.
- A strong background in Internet service deployments and a deep understanding of Linux and Internet technologies.
- A natural team leader who can motivate and encourage personal advancement.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and hectic work environment.
- Capable of technical deep dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with very experienced engineers.
- Capable of leading a discussion with executive management.
- Demonstrated experience in network and large-scale Linux system troubleshooting and maintenance practices.
- Must be willing to travel to domestic and international datacenters and office locations.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: Aliso Viejo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11