Manager, Platform Engineering
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Platform Engineering (Kubernetes)
Future Technology Group
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We’re looking for engineers who want to make a difference, love automating everything they can get their hands-on, and enjoy working with creative, intelligent and collaborative teammates.
If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
- Supports teams developing and Implementing of our internal Kubernetes platform offering.
- Collaborating closely with the Platform and Release Engineering Team as well as other teams on release process and automation.
- Improving Reliability, Performance and Feature Set of the Kubernetes Platform based on internal customer needs.
- Responsible for supporting the career and developmental growth of Platform and Release Engineers.
- Responsible for Platform and Release Engineering project quality and timeliness.
- Develops roadmap with Director.
- Helps define strategic direction for Platform and Release Engineering.
- Provide positive and negative feedback to all team members.
- Work with Senior and Staff Engineers on technical strategy of the Platform and Release Engineering department.
- Collaborates with other engineering teams to provide alignment between teams.
- Empowers and encourages team members to perform their best.
- Equips team members with tools to be successful.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a leadership role.
- Proven knowledge in working with Kubernetes on premise or in hybrid clouds.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Infrastructure.
- Experience with Private Cloud and Public Cloud Environments (ideally AWS).
- Experience with the entire software development life cycle.
- Ability to support engineers with solving problems in their build, test and release pipelines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer-First Thinking.
- Experience with collaboration in a distributed team across multiple timezones.
- High energy and driven to positively impact the business.
- Accountability and ability to influence is a must.
- Sense of professionalism.
- Advanced emotional intelligence.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23