Manager, Human Resources
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
The Manager, Human Resources will play an important role in the HR organization for Skydance Animation (SDA). This position will be responsible for implementation of HR initiatives/programs and providing day-to-day partnership across the studio. The role reports to the Director, Human Resources at SDA.
- Support on-boarding/off-boarding processes including new hire orientation, exit interviews, and communication to Technology, Finance, Facilities teams, etc.
- Responsible for making compensation recommendations for entry to mid-level positions
- Manage process for employee carve-out waiver requests including making recommendations to senior management and legal teams
- Manage relocation process in partnership with vendor
- Organize available data and analytics to help inform business decisions and assess organizational effectiveness and training needs
- Collaborate with cross divisional teams to support Diversity & Inclusion partnerships and mentorship programs
- Partner with the HR Director and Employment Legal to resolve Employee Relations matters; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary and make recommendation to business leaders
- Responsible for managing visa process in partnership with outside immigration attorney
- Advise on HR policy; maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees; ensure compliance with all applicable employment policies, regulations and laws
- Partner with HR team to implement HR initiatives across departments including performance management, training/development, rewards, organizational planning
- Responsible for additional projects and responsibilities as identified
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources, within Entertainment preferred
- Must be trustworthy, credible, highly collaborative and able to build effective relationships across the organization
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated track record of establishing self as a trusted advisor to the business
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication, presentation and organizational skills, including comprehension and effective listening
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Working knowledge/experience with local guilds (Local 700 & Local 839) preferred
- The ability to travel as necessary (5% or less)
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 2022-10-21