Manager, Developer Support Engineering, Multiplayer Suite
As a Developer Support Engineering Manager, you are a key part of an exceptional global support team who are providing outstanding technical support to ensure our customers' games, and their players, stay online.
Our team is responsible for the infrastructure and technology that powers some of the globes largest online games. You thrive off running a fast-paced global 24/7 live support operation and understand the importance of critical service uptime and meeting SLAs. You are a process orientated technical leader, data-driven, analytical, with operational excellence at your core. Above all, you are passionate about our customers and encouraging a team to continuously exceed our customer's expectations.
With your technical abilities, you can articulate sophisticated concepts to team members, internal partners and customers alike. Building robust measures of success for the team, such as critical metrics, reporting and key achievements as well as leading important business projects will be skills you have finely tuned over your career.
The role is based at our Southampton (UK) office but will work closely with our teams in the UK, US and Korea with occasional needs to travel. In this role, you will be at the heart of the online gaming experience, playing a meaningful role in bringing some of the largest games to market. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Overall responsibility for a team that’s part of the global front-line 24/7 DSE function across Unity’s Multiplayer products, using data and reporting to keep a finger on the pulse of the success of the team
- People responsibilities - mentoring and development of your reports, hiring, training, team building - all the things that will make and maintain a best-in-class team
- Being a communication professional, always seeking ways to improve how we champion the "Voice of the customer", both internally and externally
- Resource planning is something you’re very comfortable with, as you’ll form part of a 24/7, shift-based team that balance a number of products and processes simultaneously
- Lead the rollout of new systems, crafting new processes and supporting the delivery of new products and services
What we’re looking for
- Experience building and leading impactful technical customer support teams
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure and networking in virtualized and bare-metal datacenter environments, spread across Linux and Windows and adept at using this knowledge to coach and mentor individuals
- Technical experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud services in a customer-facing capacity
- Hands-on experience running and configuring ticketing and incident management systems such as Zendesk, JIRA Service Desk and PagerDuty
- Familiar and comfortable with a live operational environment, incident management and highly time-sensitive issue resolution
You might also have
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- Previous work with game engines such as Unity
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Southampton, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20