Manager, Business Development & Partnerships
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking a Manager, Business Development & Partnerships to identify, source, and close high impact Business Development and Partnership opportunities for Rockstar Games, working closely with the Publishing team and collaboratively across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other cross-functional stakeholders to bring strategic partnerships to life.
The candidate will be responsible for identifying potential partnership opportunities built around the world’s most popular video games and managing the evaluation and negotiation process, as well as track the landscape of business development and trends in the industry, draft concise summaries and presentations for senior leadership consumption and build internal consensus through effective communication.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Business Development team generate, manage, and execute strategic partnerships and related opportunities across the gaming, technology, telecommunications, and related industries in support of Rockstar Games strategic objectives worldwide.
- We collaborate across cross-functional teams (Publishing, Product, Legal, etc.) to shepherd potential partnership opportunities through complex technical, legal, and commercial considerations.
- Support all aspects of Rockstar business development and partnership deals, from sourcing and scoping to negotiation and execution.
- Develop presentations, pitch decks, summaries, briefs, and related materials to communicate effectively and achieve alignment between cross-functional teams, executive stakeholders, partners, etc.
- Identify and proactively explore opportunities potential strategic partners, building and cultivating meaningful relationships based on proactive identification of mutual interest.
- Contribute to regional business development efforts in strategic regions (e.g., Asia Pacific, Latin America, etc.) in close alignment with R* International teams.
- Monitor key trends and track deals across the technology, interactive entertainment, and gaming space to identify and propose potential opportunities and provide thoughtful recommendations to management team.
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Investment Banking, Consulting, Business Development & Partnerships, Technology Sales, etc.).
- Experience supporting complex negotiations, deals, or transactions, including working closely with partners and internal stakeholders, building supporting materials, etc.
- Deep knowledge of console and mobile games businesses, competitive landscape, and emerging trends and an understanding of Rockstar Games’ catalog of titles, including Live Service titles like GTA Online and Red Dead Online.
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects with high levels of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to both understand and articulate complex business and product needs to build internal consensus among cross-functional teams (i.e., Marketing, Legal, Product, and Other Technical Teams).
- Ability to summarize complex partnership agreements into high-level summaries for senior leadership consumption.
- Ability to compile data and contextual information into a cohesive narrative and sound strategic rationale.
- Strong relationship management, communication, and project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative reasoning.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23