Manager, Art Direction - GMC-Shanghai
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Manager, Art Direction - GMC-Shanghai
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative (GMC) was born to better support all of our Global Marketing Creative needs. And to be truly global we are building a GMC HUB in Shanghai.
As Manager, Art Direction, GMC-Shanghai, you will report to the Head of Art, GMC-Shanghai. You will help Visual Designers and Artists of this discipline align on production goals and define the quality standards for all Riot’s visual storytelling for global marketing through great partnerships. Ensuring there is consistency in overall culture, career growth, craft development and animation production experience to deliver high quality visual guidance and direction in a multitude of mediums, across all platforms and games for the Marketing teams’ largest Franchise brand moments.
As the Manager, Art Direction, you will work with Senior Leaders in Creative, Visual Design, Narrative and Production globally to give teams feedback as a Stakeholder or SME for cinematics, motion graphics, animatics, storyboarding and illustrated work by utilizing expert craft knowledge and experience. You will also support efforts to find and recruit talent, build relationships with studios and create a presence for the discipline within the industry to spotlight our team's accomplishments.
- Create, strategize, and improve efficient art & design pipelines and tooling for all artists
- Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation to capture learnings
- Find and recruit studios and talent for teams and products
- Provide design and art feedback to internal and external developers to maintain quality and consistency across all products
- Partner with Senior Leaders, Art Directors, Craft Leads and Product teams to shape and drive overall art strategy for GMC-Shanghai
- Communicate with Directors, Art Directors and Art Leads across all games in all regions to standardize and improve on defining career goals, craft growth and production methods
- 5+ years of experience in publishing or entertainment related industry and providing art direction and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, and presentation tools
- Expert knowledge of Illustration, concept / design, storytelling, animation and the creative development process
- Showcases a strong understanding of brand building, typography, and visual design system
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
- Fluent in spoken English and Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Knowledge of Riot IPs: League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Wild Rift, etc...
- Experience owning and effectively communicating about projects and workflow
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Experience in areas such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, television, and film development
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development
- Project leadership experience
- Creative Tools such as adobe creative suite, design and video production tools
- Active member of your craft community
Location: Shanghai, ChinaJob IdDate posted: 2021-12-11