Our Animation Department is growing and we are looking for an Animation Manager to join our team. As an Animation Manager you will be responsible for ensuring project quality and the well-being of team members by managing a group of Animators and Leads across multiple projects. The role provides a critical component of the studio’s mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives by helping foster an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises direct reports on the Animation team, and participates in strategy and decision-making as a member of the department’s leadership group
- Meets regularly with team members to mentor and offer experienced guidance, provide constructive feedback, conduct performance reviews, and facilitate the team’s best work
- Manages the career growth and development of direct reports
- Evaluates team members’ goals and objectives and ensures that department goals are being met
- Evaluates schedules in conjunction with pod leads and project management, ensures that teams deliver against project goals and pillars
- Advocates studio cultural values and fosters an environment of craft excellence and collaboration
- Assists the Department Head with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding
- Works with Department Head and other Managers to determine best practices and guide Leads in their implementation across all animation groups across all projects
- Fosters a safe work environment by ensuring all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately
- Develops training opportunities to support the development of team members at the group or individual level
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews scripts to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises a team of animators and animation leads on various projects. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Eight plus years related experience and/or training/education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Shipped a AAA game in an animator or manager role preferred
- Experience in a lead role preferred
- Expert knowledge of the principles of writing, performance, and design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches (scripts) and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Final Draft and/or other screenwriting software
- Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
Location: United States, RemoteDate posted: 2023-01-21