Machine Learning Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As part of the Future Technology Group team, you will be working with focused teams researching and implementing cutting edge technologies, and finding ways to apply them to our platform and services.
We are looking for engineers to develop core technology and conduct innovative research in applying Machine Learning to different technological challenges.
Our focus is on areas such as content creation, AI-assisted design, animation, speech synthesis and autonomous gameplay agents.
We expect the candidate to develop and apply AI and deep learning algorithms, conduct experiments to optimise performance, and build prototypes. We encourage research publication and patents.
We are hiring at all levels, from recent graduates to industry veterans.
What you'll be doing:
- Researching state of the art technologies
- Contributing to identifying and developing the technology portfolio of future PlayStation platforms
- Performing research and sharing information internally, in relevant conferences or publications
- Developing proof of concepts and cutting-edge technology prototypes
- Anticipating technology trends and applying these to improve our existing and future PlayStation products/services
What we're looking for:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Machine Learning, Maths or Computer Science
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language; such as C, C++, Python, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Strong fundamental understanding of Machine Learning theory, architectures and cutting edge research areas
- Expertise and practical experience in areas including:
Imitation learning (e.g. Behavioural Cloning, GAIL variants)
Reinforcement learning methods (e.g. SAC, PPO)
Offline reinforcement learning (e.g. MOPO, CQL))
Representation learning (e.g. ResNet, EfficientNet, VAEs)
Attention and Transformers
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a larger team
- Ability to work proactively on your own
Nice to have:
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
- Experience of games development methods
- Experience of Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Experience in working in an R&D environment
- Experience with research communities, including having published papers at conferences
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23