Linux Systems Engineer
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We work closely with developers, DBAs, build engineers, and security teams.
- We build world-class infrastructure for our high traffic, high visibility web sites and services.
- We provide operational support for critical services that enable connected experiences found across our game franchises.
- We constantly review our processes, automate wherever possible, and develop our own toolchains.
- Along with the Online Engineering team, work closely with development teams to develop, deploy, and support applications.
- Work with development groups to architect solutions for new and existing projects.
- Utilize configuration management and custom scripts to deploy and manage systems.
- Ensure all critical systems and services are properly monitored with relevant alerts enabled.
- Manage disaster recovery, including ongoing backup policy refinement.
- Migrate applications off of legacy environments with minimal downtime.
- Be able to respond to critical requests during off-hours.
- 5 years of systems engineering experience in large scale environments
- Mastery of Linux (RHEL/Centos preferred) support experience in large scale environments.
- Advanced knowledge (maintaining, troubleshooting, tuning) of web architecture and related applications such as the following: Apache, Nginx, Python, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Postfix, CDN integrations, SVN.
- Experience managing data warehouse platforms & tooling: ex. Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Advanced knowledge and experience creating, maintaining and debugging shell scripts.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable in “non-silo’d” environments and have an appetite to research, test, and implement new technologies.
- Configuration management experience with puppet, chef, or ansible.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience configuring and maintaining AD/Linux integration.
- Games industry experience.
- Passion for Rockstar games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23