Linux Senior Systems Administrator
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Linux Senior Systems Administrator, you will architect, deploy, maintain and secure our infrastructure services and workstations.
- Keep up on current methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company.
- Build and document tools to automate system provisioning and management.
- Operate with the goal of making programmatic provisioning of infrastructure the default (configuration as code).
- Define and detail standard operating procedures.
- Actively ensure peak levels of systems and infrastructure uptime.
- Collaborate across departments to evolve systems standards studio-wide.
- Optionally, participate in after-hours on-call duties.
- Work together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their professional growth.
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance.
- 4+ years of professional experience.
- Process automation and deployment (Ansible).
- Experience with containers (Docker).
- Databases (PostgreSQL).
- Experience managing Linux workstations.
- Scripting Python/bash.
- Monitoring tools.
- Experience with high availability systems.
- Strong technical skills and ability to share them.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Focus their energy on delivering on time and quality required, with huge levels of responsibility, autonomy and technical command working well under pressure.
- Clearly meets the expectations on the duties assigned with low supervision, encouraging and inspiring some other less experienced colleagues to do so.
- Act as a mentor inside and outside their team, establishing an effective working relationship and fluid communication environment, contributing to the individual and group achievement of objectives.
- Highly skilled in expressing, transmitting, and presenting new ideas, tasks and results.
- Strong work ethic.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01