The design team at Build a Rocket Boy Games is expanding! We’re looking for a passionate and exceptional Level Designer to come join us here in our newly refurbished Edinburgh office.
As a member of the Gameplay team you’ll work closely with the game director and the core design group and to create and maintain the vision across the Everywhere project.
Our ideal candidate will be an insightful and creative team player with an enthusiasm for creating different environments, maintaining impeccable design documentation and working iteratively towards building one of the most ambitious projects in games. A strong eye for detail combined with clear and concise communication is a must.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills alongside an incredible worldwide team.
- Block out and build 3d arenas and/or set up racing routes
- Maintain the maps/tracks through various phases of development, and iterate based on feedback from peers, directors and playtests
- Maintain clear and concise documentation
- Collaborate with the Script Team to implement gameplay mechanics within the maps
- Collaborate with environment artists to sell your map ideas and iterate on changes
- Prioritize work, meet deadlines and communicate progress with Leads and Directors frequently
- Strong portfolio of projects or maps you can break down and discuss
- You have experience making and enjoy playing multiplayer content
- Open and ready to iterate and adapt based on gameplay needs or technical challenges
- Industry knowledge and a good understanding of level design principles
- You value good documentation, (Photoshop skills are a plus)
- A passion for shooter or racing games and an ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Great experience working in 3D game engines (Unreal Engine is a plus), and submission pipelines
- This position does not require any scripting knowledge
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23