Our team is looking for a Lead Technical Animator to work closely with the animation and engineering teams to push the creative vision and technical boundaries, while managing a great team. Someone who really understands run-time animation, content authoring, creating tools, pipeline development, and takes pride in coaching and mentoring others to set them up for success.
Work side by side with the Animation Director, Principal Tech Animator, Production, and other animation leadership to create and carry forward the vision and culture for the animation department.
- Mentor, coach, and manage other technical animators – ensuring that each has clear, actionable tasking, performance goals, and regular constructive feedback.
- Set up any required meetings to improve departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering, maintain workflows and technologies for improved content creation processes for characters and animation.
- Take an active role in the animation leadership circle, by sharing your voice and best practices to help guide the culture of the animation team.
- Work closely with gameplay and cinematic Producers to identify blocking issues, develop milestone roadmaps, and participate in sprint planning and tasking.
- Document work-flows and establish on-boarding and team training for the tech animation and animation teams, regarding animation related tools and processes, as well as Unreal Engine 5.
- Contribute to planning and execution of motion capture shoots.
Skills, Experience et qualifications:
- Vast technical animation experience at a senior level.
- Previous leadership or coaching experience.
- Habitually set an example for a positive collaborative process.
- High level understanding of animation, engineering, and design dependencies, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in Maya with experience writing animation tools. Motionbuilder experience a plus.
- Experience with one or more programming/GUI languages (Ex. Python, PySide/PyQt). C#/C++/Maya API is a plus.
- Experience investigating new techniques, implementing them and training the team. You are up to date with current technology and software.
- Ability to effectively translate creative ambition and onscreen feature requests into the achievable technical tasks required to realize them.
- Experience managing tasks using Jira or equivalent organizational software.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives. We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $125,000 and $185,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed