Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Lead Technical Animator to join us and build and manage a diverse team of technical animators. We are open to on-site, hybrid, and full-time remote working options for potential candidates.
Reporting to the Animation Director you will play a meaningful role as we concept and kick off pre-production. You'll help to create, assess, and implement the animation vision for the project and support the cinematic and gameplay experiences in it. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with game leadership to develop the overall vision & determine technical animation feasibility.
- Build up and maintain detailed documentation for all owned features.
- Evaluate the game's vision, design and technical needs to identify animation risks and mitigation plans.
- Work closely with engineering to assess existing animation and rigging tools.
- Improve pipelines for both gameplay and cinematics.
- Support animators and designers with their technical needs.
- Train team members on tools and techniques and raise awareness of new processes.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a group of Technical Animators artists to further their skills and cohesion as a team.
- Build automated animation setups and rigs.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of production experience in video games or film as a Senior, Lead, or Principal Technical Animator.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and managing a team or individuals.
- Experience rigging/skinning sophisticated characters, creatures and vehicles in Maya.
- Scripting / tool creation experience with Python / Mel.
- Strong understanding of character rigging / animation pipelines.
- Unreal Engine Experience in runtime animation systems (Animation Blueprints, Control Rig setups).
- Dedicated and internally driven, able to take initiative and work independently or collaborate effectively with artists, engineers, and designers.
- A passion for deep, compelling, narrative-driven horror games.
Nice to Have:
- C++ Maya Plugin development.
- Unreal Engine Cloth / Ragdoll setup experience.
- Qt or Pyside Maya UI tool scripting.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed