Lead Technical Animator - 31st Union
Who we are: We are Gamemakers.
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What We Need
We are looking for a Lead Technical Animator to be responsible for designing, making, and maintaining animation systems that drive the poses of our characters. This will include features that support major gameplay mechanics, secondary animations, and procedural motions.
You will be a communication hub in addition to the technical aspect of the job. You’ll need to ensure that everyone has the information they need to be successful. This role is focused on technical animation, but will also work with design and engineering teams to translate needs across those subject areas.
What you will do
- Creating high-quality game animation
- Implement animation in game in our Unreal animation system and use blueprints.
- Analyze animation system feature requirements of a given gameplay request and implement them directly or collaborate with Animation engineers to implement them.
- Set up blends, overlays and events.
- Work with Technical Artists to add procedural animation elements
- Work with animators to help them unlock the potential of our game technology
- Troubleshoot and debug animation issues in game
- Create scripts & tools to assist the animation team in the creation process
Who we think will be a great fit
- 3+ years of experience in big game or film studio
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with Maya
- Scripting or programming experience (Python, Mel, Blueprint)
- Willingness to learn animation technology in game engines such as Unreal or Unity (we use Unreal)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with C++
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on this link, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
Location: San Mateo, California, United StatesDate posted: 2023-01-20