Lead Network & PC Testing Specialist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Lead Network and PC Testing Specialist
The Lead Network and PC Testing Specialist is responsible for leading and executing global QA Lab Network PC compatibility testing projects for PlayStation Studios products, primarily related to PC titles in development. Working in conjunction with the global and regional service owners for PC Compatibility and network testing, this role will lead QA Lab testing strategy and direct assigned QA lab resources.
The general purpose of this job is to ensure service execution is applied to consistent global PC testing strategy for the product is implemented and clearly handle communication of issues and risk to the appropriate partners on a global scale. The Lead PC Testing Specialist role will drive efficiency through consistent test strategy, test management, and reporting while at the same time providing our customers with a consistent service globally.
What you'll be doing:
- Coordinate and lead the provision of high-quality testing support for PlayStation Studios and SIE PC game products
- Coordinate, schedule and lead in the execution of Network and PC compatibility testing processes, with a primary focus on PC titles in development.
- Highlighting and raising testing risks to global and regional service owners, and Global/regional PC Compat Service owners
- Engaging with adjacent service teams to coordinate info shares, with a focus on communication and demonstration of PC Compatibility testing techniques
- Strategic focus and planning on testing process improvement & new process creation/initiation in order to support existing Network and PC Compat testing processes
- Supports strategic outreach and coordination to facilitate cross function collaboration and promotion of new testing strategies between project disciplines, including functional Testing teams, Engineering groups, and other service providers
- Maintenance, ownership, and communication of PC Compat test plans for all assigned projects
- Assisting with QA Lab project budgeting for assigned Network and PC testing projects
- Acts as a primary point of contact for QA lab projects and communication to producers and global partners, ensuring that all outbound communication meets clear project standards
- Performing consistent daily title assessment/observations, research, review, and reporting of QA Lab operations and process adherence for all current assigned projects
- Maintaining, advancing and promoting knowledge in the field of quality assurance, with respect to Network and PC Compat title projects
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
- Participation in yearly performance review process, helping to assemble feedback and sharing it with their direct manager to support performance management on a global level
- Gathering feedback and data to create and facilitate a global facing project examination
What we are looking for:
- Experience PC Gaming and with PC parts
- Previous PC building experience
- Previous experience within QA Operations, preferably multiple years’ experience on PC titles
- Experience with PC title testing
- Leading or assisting in the leadership of a PC title QA test team
- Component compatibility and hardware testing experience with an emphasis on GPUs, displays, and resolutions
- Experience with display/ benchmarking or network/online performance testing
- Understand consumer entertainment industry and home consumer electronics markets developments
- Knowledge of Development QA process
- Understanding of PC gaming hardware and the associated technologies
- Expertise in cross cultural business and remote team interaction and leadership
- Organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Excellent knowledge of testing processes
- Ability to critical analyse
- Passion for video games
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive Pension
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23