At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for a talented Lead Motion Capture Animator who possesses the passion and drive for animation excellence. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Lincoln, England.
WHAT WE DO
- We are responsible for bringing actors’ performances to life on our remarkable game characters through precise data tracking and character solving.
- As a global mocap team at Rockstar, our collaboration with animators, directors, and camera artists from around the world ensure that we produce remarkable character animation for our AAA games.
- Inspire and nurture a team of local animators.
- Contribute to studio and team building efforts including team training, development and recruiting.
- Work with the other leads and director to support collaboration across Rockstar’s global animation teams for data quality, consistency, and improvements of pipelines.
- Process motion capture data through proprietary pipelines.
- Retarget motion capture data to game assets using high end workflow.
- Assist in creating tools and scripts to improve workflow.
- Share and advance knowledge with worldwide teams.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with labeling and editing optical motion capture data.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Motion Builder.
- Adept communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong technological problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and passionate.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to collaboratively work as part of a team as well as take and provide constructive criticism and direction.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Linux/OS knowledge.
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar Games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location: Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in United Kingdom
Create Profile and Get Noticed