Lead Lighting Artist [Assassin's Creed VR] (461)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Be inclusive, supportive, flexible and care about people.
- Support the Art Director by executing on the creative vision and with the creation of an Visual Effects Bible and Style guild;
- Produce high quality lighting solutions through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Be the main contact for Lighting with the project and its partners;
- Cultivate the team with timely feedback, growth and development and training opportunities;
- Work in close liaison with all disciplines fostering synergies between departments and individuals;
- Conduct performance reviews and participate in interviews and ensure proper staffing and team make up;
- Identify and set up the best workflow and pipeline practices;
- Find resourceful solutions to any problems encountered;
- Work with your respective Production representative to help inform planning, schedules, and strategies by levering the knowledge you hold in your specialist area;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max etc.);
- Knowledge of industry game engines and production pipelines;
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Excellent knowledge of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems;
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- In-depth knowledge of colour grading and other post process effects;
- Ability to adopt and effectively communicate using different styles when working with team members across the world with various cultural backgrounds;
- Good knowledge of scheduling and team tracking software and techniques;
- Exemplary written, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team building and people management skills;
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- 5+ years as a Lighting Artist or relevant experience with significant involvement with 2 published titles and exposure to a full project life-cycle;
- Experience in team and direct line management;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art-based subject or any other relevant training is a plus.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Location: Leamington Spa, UKDate posted: 2021-12-11