Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
We're looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator to join us on our new co-development project! This coveted AAA action RPG is a fan favorite around the world!
We are looking for someone who leads by example. A skilled Gameplay Animator with a knack for coaching, mentoring, and communication. If you’re interested in putting your creative skills and expertise towards one of the biggest games on the planet, apply today!
A snapshot of your role:
- Create a library of high-quality animations using hand-keyed creations
- Involvement with the construction of animation trees or state graphs
- Collaborate closely with designers, character artists, and programmers in the implementation of game characters’ behavior, look and feel
- Participation in various meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a consistent understanding of technical gameplay animation systems for AAA game standards.
- Participate in the hiring process of additional teammates to the animation team.
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 8+ years of experience working in games as a gameplay animator on AAA titles
- Solid understanding of animation fundamentals and creation/manipulation of both keyframe and mocap data
- Experienced working on a wide variety of locomotion and attacks
- Experience as a lead for a professional animation team
- Strong experience using Maya and animation tools
- Understanding of animation pipelines from conceptualization to implementation
- Proven proactive and organized work style, with an emphasis on communication
- Experience working on genres such as first-person action/MMO
- Experience with Freeflow combat systems
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel with a focus on handkey animations will be considered for the role.
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Date found: 2023-01-23
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed