Lead Gameplay Animator
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Our newest project is seeking an experienced Lead Gameplay Animator to grow and guide a team to success. You'll be joining this team in the early stages of a new co-development partnership, where your honed animation, communication, and leadership skills will be exercised.
If you're looking to work on a world renowned AAA game, with some of the best animations in the business, this is the role for you.
A snapshot of your role:
- Be a hands-on leader of an experienced team of animators
- Leverage your years of experience to create exceptional hand-key animations
- Be a key communicator and point of contact within the game team, the studio, and with our external partners
- Work collaboratively with the Producer to manage the team's schedule and deliverables
- Problem solve and plan out animations for optimal results for yourself and your team
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience working as a gameplay animator in AAA games
- Experience leading a team of animators
- Expert and honed communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Experienced on working on a variety of locomotion and attacks
- Strong experience using Maya and animation tools
- Experience with early animation pipelines
- Past experience working on genres such as third person action/adventure and first or third person shooters
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel with their resume will be considered for the role.
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 2022-10-28