Lead Gameplay Animator (Vanguard)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator for an exciting new multiplayer game. For this role we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
Do you want to create exciting and memorable gameplay experiences, crafting dynamic in-game animations for all our players to enjoy?
As a Lead Gameplay Animator in our Vanguard team, you’ll have the chance to be a key influencer in creating something completely new, while helpshaping the project from the very beginning.
In this role you will coordinate the animation work for a new F2P/GaaS multiplayer title as a part of a solid and experienced team.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- In this role you will work closely with the Game Director and the Senior Designers to establish the animation requirements for the game.
- You will plan, manage, coordinate and review the work of the animation team to ensure the highest quality possible.
- You will ensure that the integrity of the animations and character behaviors are realized as intended in the build via regular reviews, establishing issues and advising on implementation and technical solutions. You will also anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues, and recommend potential solutions to the team. As a Lead Animator, you will be collaborating with other teams and be the main point of contact, communicating with them in an effective and proactive way.
- You enjoy mentoring other team members, helping them to grow and improve their skills.
What you bring to the role
- You are an experienced Animator, having already worked in game development. You have a good understanding of gameplay animation dependencies and are used to collaborate with key members of staff and dependency departments to identify workflow issues and potential requirements.
- You are comfortable managing the Gameplay Animation backlogs, bugs and risks in an effective manner, to ensure smooth running of the department throughout the project.
- You can scope, manage and run the Outsource plans for Gameplay Animation when required, including assembling benchmark internal asset packs and documentation, quality control and providing clear and regular feedback.
- You have experience overseeing the creation and maintenance of all relevant documentation for the project, including naming & terminology for all gameplay animation assets and folder structures.
- You enjoy interacting with your team, you can motivate them and act as a mentor, you lead by example. You are used to perform desk-to-desk informal reviews with other team members.
- You can also work hands-on, dedicating some of your time throughout the milestones to produce content for the game. You have experience using game engines (preferably Unreal) and hands-on experience working with state machine/blend tree solutions (knowledge of motion matching is a plus).
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your demo reel, CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01