Lead Gameplay Animator (Stylised)
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Lead Animator who understands game production and has a genuine interest in game development.
You will be leading the gameplay animation team to help them create believable high-quality gameplay animations. You will be working closely under the guidance of the Gameplay Animation Director to achieve a consistent level of quality and ensure that each animation has the right energy and mood to it, as well as being delivered on-time.
You will be joining the team at a crucial time for the studio, as we grow and develop our gameplay animation pipeline, which will offer a great career opportunity for the right candidate.
- Lead a team of gameplay animators providing support and guidance as well as technical expertise.
- Create high quality, responsive and realistic gameplay animations using both keyframing and motion capture data.
- Supervise task assignments for your team.
- Collaborate closely with programmers and scripters to create or improve existing gameplay animation systems.
- Ensure quality and consistency of gameplay animation by reviewing the team’s work and providing regular feedback.
- Assist with the recruitment and mentoring of the team.
- Assist with scheduling and milestone planning.
- Collaborate with the Gameplay Animation Director during motion capture shoots.
- Encourage team performance and milestone deliveries.
- Experience in a management role. Interpersonal skills and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong keyframe and motion capture editing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder.
- 5+ years in games development, with at least 1 x AAA game shipped as a Lead Animator.
- Experience working with state machines and anim graphs.
- Experience with Unreal Engine highly beneficial.
- Good understanding of character and prop setups.
- Strong understanding of the process for integrating gameplay systems.
- Capable of meeting schedules and commit to delivery dates.
- Ability to work autonomously and motivate a team.
- Provide a demo showcasing your best character animation work for games.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23