Lead Environment Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
Bluepoint Games has begun the exciting work of original development and seeks passionate, industry-leading talent to join our pursuit in crafting Game-of-the-Year quality titles. Our studio is renowned for critically acclaimed titles that exceeded what the world expected of us, from the remaster of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, to the remake of Shadow of the Colossus, and most recently the PS5 launch title Demon's Souls.
As Lead Environment Artist, you will define quality and construct 3D environments while managing a team to deliver consistent high-quality environmental assets and locations. The ideal candidate is a well organized leader with a strong, hands-on background and a devotion for sharing and mentoring.
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all environments.
- Receives and provides critique in a professional manner.
- Provides direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
- Works closely with the Art Director and Outsourcing Manager to identify and schedule assets for external development.
- Coordinates with adjacent departments to ensure proper dependencies are met and bottlenecks are mitigated.
- Has expertise with PBR, lighting, rendering, and material authoring.
- Works with Production to prioritize work and maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
- Reviews work for quality and carries out various supervisory responsibilities.
- Upholds a sense of professional ownership, keeps a positive attitude, and ensures tasks are completed to the Bluepoint quality bar.
- Is proactive in finding answers and able to clearly communicate issues and direction to the team.
- Is capable of owning development of, and delivering, content while leading by example.
- Has shipped at least one AAA title as a Lead Environment Artist.
- Has been through multiple AAA development cycles.
- Has advanced understanding of Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, and Zbrush.
- Has a passion for 3D environment art, set dressing, lighting, and texturing.
- Demonstrates excellent foundational skills, including composition, design, structure, silhouette, and color theory.
- Has an excellent understanding of the environment art pipeline, dependencies, and overall scope of the project.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with detailed concept art or reference art materials.
- Has excellent leadership and mentoring abilities, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Is organized and practices good time management skills.
- Finds creative solutions for technically challenging tasks.
- Is proficient with project management/task tracking software like Jira.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23