Lead Engineer, Engine Sharing - Central Tech
Are you ready to lead the team evolving Bungie’s internal game engine to efficiently share code with multiple projects? Are you excited to help build consensus across your team and partners towards the best possible outcome for our players? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As lead engineer of a new core engine team at Bungie, you will improve our ability to share engine investments between multiple projects. You will improve the separation of engine layers to allow us to integrate engine changes between projects. You will align with engineers on various game projects and reach consensus on the priority of engine sharing improvements. You will lead and mentor engineers in the engineering culture, technology, and best practices that enable us to build great games.
- Manage engineers, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance
- Work with Central Technology leadership to define the future of sharing in our game engine
- Represent the engine sharing team to key stakeholders, balancing and prioritizing requests against the team’s roadmap
- Design, build, test, and maintain game engine sharing improvements
- Be a key contributor in architecture reviews for engine sharing
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture. You work well with others to reach common goals— team fit and culture are especially important to us
- Experience leading teams developing complex products with high cross-team dependencies
- Ability to manage or mentor other engineers
- Understanding of game engine development practices and ability to write C++ engine code
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience with a proprietary game engine shared between multiple projects
- Familiar with agile software development (e.g., scrum, kanban, etc.)
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23