Unity is looking for an exceptional documentation lead or senior technical writer to join us on our mission to deliver great documentation to our users!
We’re looking for a leader with technical aptitude who can quickly form good working relationships across Unity, and work collaboratively to produce documentation that helps users get the most from Unity products.
You’ll be part of a diverse group of technical writers, editors and content managers working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators!
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team of writers, and contribute as a senior technical writer.
- Prioritise work, balance workload across the team, and identify resource and tooling requirements based on user needs.
- Recruit, empower and mentor writers to be autonomous and self-driven.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the company to deliver the right content to the right user at the right time.
- Understand artist needs, and ensure this is reflected in the overall documentation vision and strategy.
What we’re looking for
- Experience directing a team of technical writers, content managers, and/or editors.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing and publishing different types of user-facing documentation such as API guides, programmer guides, installation guides, and user manuals for an international audience.
- Outstanding standard of written and spoken English.
- Structured and autonomous approach to working, with experience delivering results within tight deadlines.
You might also have
- Experience producing documentation using Markdown, Flare, XML, or XMLDoc.
- Solid understanding of source control tools (github, Mercurial) and techniques.
- Knowledge or experience of programming languages, especially C#.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, United KingdomDate posted: 2021-12-17