Lead Backend Developer, Mobile Creators
At Unity, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real time 3D technologies. The Mobile Creators team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
We are looking for a Lead Backend Developer to help make real-time 3D accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. Unity sees an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to the millions of people creating content on their mobile devices. This is the early stages of a brand new AR product that you have the opportunity to help define. We are looking for a manager and developer with a strong user first mentality to support both prototyping and scaling our backend as we grow.
As a Lead Backend Developer, you will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. We will be agile while prototyping and then disciplined when it is time to shift to production. This is a new team that is excited to solve important problems for our Creators.
What you’ll be doing
- Accountable for delivery, technical solutions and architecture of the Social Creator backend services
- Building a strong engineering team and culture
- Define and advocate for good coding practices as part of a quality culture within the whole engineering team
- Collaborate with teams in different locations across Unity, to ensure technical alignment
- Guide and mentor engineers and foster their growth
What we’re looking for
- Experience of growing and managing engineering teams with a focus on delivery and quality
- Lead engineer for at least one shipped commercial 3D game or application
- Proficient in cloud architecture, systems and operations
- Proven understanding and experience in software development and standard methodologies
You might also have
- Experience with large scalable backends for games or social applications
- Experience with mobile and AR development
- Experience with scheduling and planning engineering projects
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#SEN #LI-BM1
Location: Port Coquitlam, CanadaDate posted: 2021-12-11