ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We are building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together.
We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment. We are actively looking to add visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just will not do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team.
Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Lead Animator who desires the creative freedoms of working on a new and original IP at a developer-friendly studio, while helping to tackle the challenges that come with it. We are looking for a Lead Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the world.
Using expert knowledge of both your craft and game development you will join a character-focused Multi-Player FPS project, working closely with our Gameplay Animation Director and a multidisciplinary group of developers to help maintain animation style and best practices while leading our growing animation team.
WHO YOU ARE
- Unwavering in your commitment to creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- You strive for excellence and growth in your craft.
- You are passionate about crafting organic and responsive character animation briming with personality.
- You are a self-sufficient, motivated, and self-aware animator who is excited to breathe life into a diverse cast of world-class characters.
- You see voids as opportunities.
- You have expertise and deep understanding of kinetics, action gameplay animation, and systems.
- You consider yourself a game-developer and understand how your work elevates the experience. The prospect of working in a highly collaborative, highly iterative, multidisciplinary environment excites you.
- You are excited to work closely with our Gameplay Animation Director and Design Team to help develop and maintain the style of motion for the product.
- You are proactive about championing your team making sure that your discipline is well represented.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to and communicate in clear and concise ways.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for animating characters, and your technical mastery of your tools.
- You have a strong understanding of motion and visual design principals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Meet with the Gameplay Animation Director to discuss the team’s work and support them in upholding the visual and gameplay pillars of the game.
- Collaborate with Designers, Concept Artists, Animators, and Tech Artists to discuss and improve a highly iterative and scalable workflow.
- Participating in our teamwide playtest to evaluate how your team’s assets are playing and to give and receive notes on the experience.
- Work with Production to set and manage team schedules.
- Create high-quality character animations from block-out to polished in-engine animations.
- Work closely with other disciplines to bring memorable, great-playing, characters to life.
- Provide feedback and support on workflow, and tools for your team.
- Relevant professional experience as a Gameplay Animator and have shipped a multi-player FPS game.
- Expert hand-key animation skills.
- Experience directing, enhancing, and implementing motion capture data.
- Able to communicate innovative ideas and systems to both creative and technically minded people.
- Expert in Maya.
- Experience in building scalable and sustainable processes based on artistic, technical, and experiential requirements.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience shipping with Unreal Engine
- Experience managing a team or mentoring animators
- Technical Skills: Scripting
- Traditional Art Skills: Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, etc.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games. We have built a sustainable development process that is committed to providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
While each of our studios has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating, all of them are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Location:Date posted: 2022-10-24