Located in Montreal, Reflector Entertainment, a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Group, a renowned entertainment studio that works with the best talents in the industry to produce captivating content for international audiences. Using a transmedia approach focused on creating rich narrative universes, the company is successful in developing compelling original properties that draw fans in across various platforms.
As Lead Animator, you will be under the direction of the Artistic Director and Animation Director to work on narrative and gameplay events related to animation. You will be responsible for defining the animation style, establishing, and organizing gameplay needs, and managing game breakdowns. In collaboration with the Animation Director, you will participate in the organization and realization of motion capture (MoCap) sessions.
- Actively participate in defining the animation style in collaboration with the Animation Director.
- Work with the Animation Director to ensure that performances recorded on stage are accurately translated into the real-time environment.
- Maintain consistency in the team's deliverables.
- Collaborate with technical animators, game designers, programmers, and other relevant departments.
- Work on the team's task planning and follow-up in close collaboration with the producer.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the team and ensure that they have everything they need to perform their tasks.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience as an animator, including 2 years as a lead in the video game industry.
- Experience as a lead animator on a AAA console title would be an asset.
- In-depth understanding of AAA animation pipelines and processes involved, from conceptual phase to implementation.
- Ability to create smooth, flexible, and realistic animations with clear demonstration of basic animation principles.
- Experience in using motion capture technology.
- Familiarity with the entire motion capture process, from preparation to processing of captured data.
- Experience in creating high-quality keyframe animations.
- Experience in creating and implementing game animations is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya and other equivalent software.
- Strong personal motivation and initiative.
- Strong ability to work in a team and lead.
- Ability to adapt to changes.
Apply for this job
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date found: 2023-05-04
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed