Lead Animator - Unannounced Game
Jagex has begun exciting new projects that leverage our legendary RuneScape IP in creative ways. We are expanding a project team with expertise in the latest technologies, focused around Unreal Engine 5, to create a highly-skilled, player-focused development group that you could join. A core team based in Cambridge, augmented by members distributed globally, form a friendly, talented bunch keen to invite new members.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development to help us fulfil our vision for a deep, community-driven, connected, multi-platform Open World Survival Craft experience, set in the RuneScape universe.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Animator to join a growing team on a brand-new project!
As the lead animator you will be responsible for ensuring that animation direction is followed. In addition, you will also be responsible for building, mentoring, and training the animation team to hit the expected quantity and quality. This role gives a rare opportunity to make a significant impact on a game from conception to completion.
A Lead is a skilled contributor with the ability to be able to effectively time manage themselves and others in their team to deliver the results expected by the games Art Director.
Leads work closely with the Art Director to establish the vision and document any style guides or pipelines in support of that goal. They will be expected to be hands-on and perform the duties of their specialty when needed while also taking on the lead-specific duties as outlined below.
Key Duties Include:
- Provide leadership, direction, and line management to the animation team.
- Responsible for the delivery of highest quality in game animation.
- Collaborate with Tech Art / Tech animation and engineering to ensure animation pipelines and tools are effective, optimal and capable of delivery.
- Review assets to maintain consistent animation quality and style, and provide feedback and critique where needed.
- Work with production and the AD to plan, schedule and structure discipline tasks that feed into the master schedule.
- Document and communicate technical specifications and visual benchmarks to support the games artistic vision to both internal and external artists.
- Organize, manage, and supervise motion capture sessions.
- Support, promote and build good team and studio morale in an open, creative environment.
- Together with AD contribute toward animation hiring plans and recruitment process.
- Manage outsource partners or freelancers as required.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: CambridgeDate posted: 2023-01-03