Lead Animator (Multiple positions)
Responsible for the design and creation of 3-D graphics for interactive computer video games. Incorporate advanced graphic design techniques (including sculpting, rigging, and scripting) as well as blocking, and staging focused around interactive video game development that contribute to concepts, prototypes, textures, props, architecture, characters, and other graphic artwork using Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Maya, Motion Builder and other internally developed graphic art and animation tools. Use sophisticated graphic, artistic, technical, and design skills to contribute to the development of aesthetically pleasing computer-generated designs that incorporate engaging gameplay that is consistent with the overall design and art style of the products while adhering to the parameters and constraints of the game and movie engine technology. Work cooperatively with other team members including programmers, artists, writers, game designers, and sound engineers to construct and integrate the various art elements and components used in the construction of Valve products.
Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Computer Animation, New Media, or a directly related field or the foreign degree equivalent, and 6 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the development of 3D graphics for use in video games and/or feature films. Experience must include:
- 2 years of experience in a lead or senior animator position
- 2 years of experience collaborating with engineers to design and build animation tools for proprietary software, Unity, or Unreal
Must also have worked as an animator on at least 2 shipped AAA video games and/or feature films.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
Position with Valve Corporation located in Bellevue, Washington.
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews
Location: Bellevue, WADate posted: 2021-12-11