Lead Animator: In-Game & Cinematic
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Currently working on PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises, our Animation team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Lead Animator to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Ability to create high quality animation content in Maya
- Help mentor and grow other animators’ abilities
- Serve as a positive role model for the team to follow in attitude, ability, proactivity, communication, and productivity within the department
- Work with design and engineering to create new awesome, mind-blowing systemic animations
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 1 shipped AAA game as a Senior Gameplay Animator (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years working in the video-games industry
- Produce very high-quality animation. Be able to provide accurate and clear feedback for others
- Passion for pushing the envelope of interactive character animation
- Ability to plan, setup, and direct motion capture shoots independently and efficiently
- Good general technical knowledge of how games work
- Must be comfortable using a script editor
- Excellent problem solver / fire fighter
- Highly motivated and proactive with a CAN DO attitude
- Inspire teamwork and collaboration across the department
- Proactive communicator within animation and other departments
- Take responsibility for assignments and proactively identifies new tasks to take on
- Finish tasks quickly. Is an expert at prioritization and letting others know when priorities must change
- Never finds themselves idle and is always proactively finding useful things to work on to progress the company and team
- Deep knowledge of Maya: layers, time/trax editor, mocap tools
- In engine animation layering knowledge
- Familiar with one of the modern animation systems: Unreal, Morpheme, Unity, etc
- Python knowledge
- C, C#, or C++ knowledge
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.
Location: Malaysia, Petaling JayaDate posted: 2023-01-02