Korean Localisation Specialist
Our various international communities deserve the best localisation support - our Localization Specialists are instrumental in delivering just that.
Whether it is subtitling, dubbing or testing; you will get an opportunity to experience the entire localisation process from the very beginning to the release. Our goal is to be as ambitious as possible and deliver a seamless experience for each locale.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Localization Specialists do?
Although the Localization Specialist’s role is quite varied, the responsibilities boil down to five main areas:
- Overseeing the specific locale version of the games.
- Collaborating with internal team members and external vendors to deliver fully localised content.
- Working closely with internal team members and external vendors to test the content prior to release.
- Being the main point of contact for language specific queries and building a robust glossary and style guide for our games.
- Supporting our growth culture and advocating knowledge sharing within your team and vendors.
What do we look for?
If you are passionate about making games accessible to the wider international audience, then you are halfway there! Although, we do need you to know some specific skills, like:
- Proficiency in localising different types of content, with a special interest in the sci-fi genre.
- Experienced user of various CAT tools and CMS solutions.
- Understanding the process of video games subtitling and dubbing.
- Recognising the importance of communication with vendors and your own team members.
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several Localization Specialists for various languages and just starting to build our team! Therefore, if you are searching for an opportunity to help us create something amazing, you couldn’t find a better role.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.
Location: ManchesterDate posted: 2021-12-11