Junior UX/UI Designer (Console)
Junior UX/UI Designer (Console)
We are seeking a talented UX/UI Designer for our newly formed Console team. Collaborating with the UI Lead and Games Design team you will be assisting in the improvements being made for both the visual design and the UI, with a specific focus on usability. This role offers the chance to work on and develop for multiple platforms which have their own unique requirements. We are also aiming to improve our accessibility support to ensure our games are enjoyed by a wider range of audiences and would hope the successful applicant shares that passion.
The successful candidate will be organised, self-motivated and able to communicate with all disciplines, both within the console team and across the wider studio. You'll be keen to share your expertise and experience as well as committed to the constant improvement of your own skills and knowledge.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive any applications without a portfolio link showcasing your best work will be discounted.
- Within Feature Pods collaborate with QA, Production, and other development disciplines to ensure all new features are placing the user and usability as a top priority.
- Collaborate with Games Design in developing new and exciting features for the console versions of Football Manager.
- Produce UI designs & assets of a consistently high quality.
- Iterate through early wireframing to hi-res mock-ups.
- Work with the UI/UX Design Lead and Production to develop and grow your skillset.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong understanding of UI design principles such as Composition and Typography
- Ability to produce high quality, visually appealing UI assets (e.g. buttons, icons, menus etc)
- Experience with design software such as Figma or Sketch
- A passion for UIUX design
- A yearning to understand and meet the needs of the user
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a close-knit team
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Interest in football
- Experience creating prototypes, wireframes and developing user flows
- 1+ years UI/UX professional experience within software production (ideally within the games industry but not exclusively)
- Experience in Unity
- Animation or motion design skills (e.g. After Effects, Principle etc.)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS or similar
- Basic Understanding of Accessibility settings in games
- Experience of Adobe Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Interest in Football Manager
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Location: Stratford (London)/Remote (possible), United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20