Junior Graphics Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Junior Graphics Programmer
PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking a Junior Graphics Programmer to assist with development and improvement our in-game suite of tools for the MLB The Show product line. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to expand their knowledge of game development in addition to having strong interpersonal skills. Responsibilities will also include implementing plugins and scripts in a variety of digital content creation tools such as Maya, Substance Painter, Houdini, and Photoshop. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego.
- Work closely with the graphics programming team to expand existing features and tools
- Implement plugins and scripts in a variety of digital content creation and management tools
- Strong programming skills with C++ and Python
- An understanding of graphics tools and techniques
- An understanding of Linear Algebra and Trigonometry
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources
- Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Visual Studio and Perforce experience
- Maya, Substance Painter, Houdini, and Photoshop experience
- Qt/wxWidgets/ImGUI/MFC or similar SDK experience
- Windows SDK experience
- DX11/DX12, GLSL/HLSL programming experience
- ODBC/SQL interface experience
- Game industry experience
- Multi-platform development experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23