Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Are you a passionate Gameplay Animator that can bring life and personality to player-controlled characters?
SkyBox Labs is looking for a Junior Animator to join our Pitch team! You'll be joining at the early phase of development, and will have a pivotal role in the creation of our Original IP and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond.
If you are an enthusiastic Gameplay Animator who wants to develop your skills in a creative environment where quality reigns, SkyBox animation is for you! This will be an initial 12-month fixed-term contract with the potential to move to a permanent role at the end of your contract, and you'll have the opportunity to work in a flexible hybrid model from our Vancouver or Victoria studios.
A snapshot of your role:
- You'll join our incubation team working on the early stages of AAA SkyBox games
- Create high-quality gameplay animations, prototyping, and eventually polished animations
- You'll have a lot of creative freedom and input, and be able to put a stamp on your ideas
- Problem solve with other departments such as design and engineering to create an optimal character
- Work collaboratively and proactively to improve animation pipelines
- Assist with the implementation of animations in the game engine
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- Experienced in working on high-quality hand-keyed animations
- 1+ years of experience working on character gameplay
- Familiar working with Maya and animation tools
- Honed communication skills and proactive work style
- Experience working on genres such as third-person action/adventure or first or third-person shooters
- Experience with manipulation of mocap data
- Technical animation comprehension in Unity, Unreal, or a proprietary engine
- Experience with early animation pipelines
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel with a focus on handkey animations will be considered for the role.
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Date found: 2023-01-27
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed