Junior Game Economy Designer
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Assist in the creation of sustainable games as a service, generating recurring revenue.
- Identify purchase drivers in the game economy and define key points of exposure.
- Balance the utility of virtual items, their sources, and life cycles, with respect to their relationship with the game loop and mechanics.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, best practices, and key competitors.
- Play-test on a regular basis to gain insights from a player’s perspective and understand how to increase the game’s perceived value.
- Build MS Excel tools to model the functioning of game features and balance their inputs/outputs relative to different player profiles.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down into their key variables and identify the relationships between them.
- Statistical knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Affinity with player psychology and behavioral economy, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to stimulate the in-game economy and improve financial performance.
- Sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Ability to break down game systems into interconnected game loops and understand their evolution over long periods of time
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills.
- Comprehensive proficiency in MS Excel.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on mobile devices.
- Understanding of database systems.
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- RRSP matching
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV and cover letter (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaDate posted: 2021-12-16