Junior FX Artist
About the position:
World of Warships team in Belgrade is looking for a creative FX Artist to join our Visual Department.
Visual Department - a department dedicated to the development of visual solutions for many aspects of the game. In our team, we create, assemble and set up game locations for game battles. We create ports and a visual mood for the player, and they can see their own ship in the most interesting ports in the world. We create in-game objects, FX, and support the visual content of game events.
In our work, we try to maintain an open approach. This means that in our team, we work together. We try to reveal and support the best sides in each of our employees. What would be the result, the players received bright and unforgettable visual images of locations.
Also, our team is in close cooperation with the Tech department. That allows you to get the most out of the possibilities of modern technologies.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with some videos that will help you understand our work:
What will you do?
- Design and configure visual effects in the World of Warships proprietary editor;
- Create textures and optimize VFX;
- Resolve all related technical and creative issues; both within the team and with related teams.
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of basic physics principles, knowledge of the general principles of dynamics, pyrotechnics, and creation of FX, such as fire, magic, smoke, gunfire, water, steam, explosions, dust, etc.;
- Artistic taste;
- Interest in computer games;
- Advanced Russian skills.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in working with particle systems;
- Experience with 3D modeling instruments such as Blender, Maya or Autodesk 3D MAX;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Houdini FX and Substance Designer;
- Shader development.
Wargaming Belgrade is a game development studio in Serbia and a key member of the Wargaming global network. Our studio is home to talented and dedicated teams of game developers, artists, and designers, one of them being World of Warships team, who are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Belgrade office benefits include:
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum of 20 working days (maximum +5 working
- Days dependent on years of services with Wargaming Group
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Team buildings / corporate events
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Referral program with rewards
Wargaming is a company with a rich history and a bright future. Founded in 1998, we have grown from a small team of passionate gamers into a global leader in the gaming industry. Our focus has always been on creating immersive and engaging experiences for our players, and we are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the world of gaming.
But our success is not just limited to our games. We are also committed to giving back to the community and making a positive impact on the world. We have established a number of initiatives to support education, technology, and the arts, and we are always looking for new ways to make a difference.
So if you are a talented and ambitious individual looking to make a real impact in the gaming industry, Wargaming is the place for you. Join us, and be a part of something truly special.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.
Location: BelgradeDate posted: 2023-01-21