Junior Animation Programmer
We are looking for a talented Junior Animation Programmer to join the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany. You would help us to maintain and improve our animation code and the pipeline and editors to support it.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible by users.
*For a careful evaluation of your application, we kindly request you to send us your resume, a cover letter and additional work samples that might be relevant.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Support and extend the existing animation framework and tools.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the animation system and help them with its application and tuning.
- Stay up to date with recent developments and techniques in computer animation.
- Take part in design and development of exciting new features and integrate them with existing systems with guidance from senior engineers.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Strong interest in creating animation technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Solid skills in C++, and software engineering and debugging in general.
- Good 3D math background.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to research and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Programming experience with animation code in a game development project.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax etc.
- Experience working on game asset pipelines and tools.
- Experience with procedural animations and simulation.
- Experience with multi-threading.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01