Junior 3D Artist
Junior 3D Artist
Storm8 is looking for a talented Junior 3D Artist to join us in developing the next generation of design-focused mobile games! We are looking for a hands-on, self-motivated artist who has a passion for producing creative, high-fidelity environments alongside a small team of fun and collaborative game developers.
The ideal candidate will have a portfolio demonstrating a wide range of skills from concept design to modeling. We’d like to see a strong knowledge of light and color, as well as samples of environment and prop design.
- Work with concept artists to model, texture, and light stunning interactive environments and props
- Work as part of a tight knit art team to create high fidelity, yet economic 3D assets.
- Stay abreast of trends in interior, exterior designs, and architecture.
- Home design sensibilities and learn to identify and reproduce trends in popular media
- Help guide other artists with their skills and abilities through peer feedback
- Continuously learn and grow as an artist and developer
- BA degree in fine arts or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Strong UV and texturing skills
- Well-developed experience working with lighting and shaders
- Fast learner with attention to detail
- Deep understanding of core artistic principles including light/color, composition, structure and perspective
- A strong portfolio representing both 2D and 3D artwork that displays proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya
- Experience with Maya and Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Unity knowledge is a plus
- An interest in interior design and popular culture
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2022-01-20