HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on Console and PC. We have an opportunity for a Junior 3D Animator to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a Junior 3D Animator, you will work with a team of professionals to build and maintain top quality animation that breathes life into one of the fastest growing sports game series in the industry!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the creation of high-quality animation and collaborate with all other subject areas to meet project and aesthetic goals set out by Management and Production.
- Build realistic human motion for gameplay and cinematics applying mocap data.
- Clean mocap data and animate props using rig and constraint systems.
- Work within the engine and pipeline to ensure all completed assets are in a build ready format.
- Maintain a level of quality working within design and technical constraints while balancing performance issues.
- Collaborate with Lead and Senior Animators on implementation, troubleshooting, and debugging of animation systems.
- Respond to direction with an open-mind and eagerness to refine character animation to ensure the highest quality and applicability of the game.
- Provide input to the improvement and evolution of animation production methods, tools, and techniques.
- Build positive working relationships and participate in team meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically up to 2 years of industry experience in Animation.
- Basic knowledge of human body mechanics and locomotion.
- Experience working with Maya or Motion Builder.
- Experience working with motion capture data.
- Knowledge or experience working with game engines (Unity/Unreal).
- Technical knowledge of rigging and skinning is considered a plus.
- A self-motivated, creative and driven individual.
- A reliable teammate with the ability to work independently when needed.
- An effective communicator in both verbally and written forms.
- A detail-oriented person with flexibility and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please apply today with your resume and portfolio!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed