IT System Administrator
IT System Administrator based in Frankfurt, is responsible for the hands-on desktop and IT support in a mixed Windows & Linux environment spread across multiple offices. You will mainly be tasked with looking after the VM infrastructure, storage, backup and software development tool for the EU side, whilst working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to support, troubleshoot, and configure systems and services.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single- player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogames history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/rH59z29Odfo
What does an IT Systems Administrator at CIG do?
- Handle help desk escalations
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
What do we expect from our IT System Administrators?
- Good knowledge of Windows 10, Mac OS X, and Office 365
- Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client PC connectivity - Ethernet, WiFi, TCP/IP and VPN
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows file server
- VMware ESX administration experience in addition to guest operation
- Experience with Adobe, Autodesk, and ESET desktop security products
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users (both German and English)
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
Location: FrankfurtDate posted: 2021-12-16