IT Support Specialist (Contract)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist (*Contract)
San Mateo, CA
*Please note:this is an onsite role in San Mateo and a 12-month temporary position through our staffing partner, DZConnex
Sony PlayStation in San Mateo is looking for a seriously hardworking computer nerd to help support our game development studio. Our ideal applicant needs to love gaming, building custom PC’s and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play. It’s not an easy job, you’ll be constantly challenged and be expected to solve some unique desktop support problems. If you’re looking to gain some IT XP, join our team to level up!
The IT Support Specialist will support users and systems located at our San Mateo, California office. This position will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day desktop management. In addition, applicant must be experienced working remotely and supporting users in their home. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years with IT helpdesk experience. This person must excel in customer service, collaboration and thrive in a fast-pace, cutting-edge environment.
The applicant will primarily work in person at the San Mateo campus. There is some flexibility to work from home depending on workload and health department guidelines regarding Covid-19.
- Must have solid experience with the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows, and some MacOS & Linux.
- Familiar with supporting iOS, iPadOS, and Android mobile devices.
- Duties include, hardware troubleshooting, part replacement, system upgrades, shipping and receiving.
- Coordination with employees for troubleshooting and equipment pickups including employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Respond to end user requests via chat, email, tickets, phone. Quickly identify, research, and resolve issues. Raise tickets when necessary. Experience with ServiceNow a plus.
- Must be familiar supporting users remotely using tools such as Slack, , Teams, LogMeIn, and more.
- Install and configure hardware, operating systems, and application software on desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows and MacOS.
- Windows image configuration and automated deployments of desktop and server operating systems, which includes installation of desktop protection utilities.
- Keep computer operating systems updated. Assist with targeted computer vulnerability remediation.
- Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
- Participate in research projects and make recommendations for new IT hardware and software purchases. Work with purchasing team to order new equipment. Track items in asset management system.
- Document standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
- Participate and collaborate with peers locally and across Sony to help complete larger IT projects.
- Configure and maintain Windows Servers as needed.
- Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, and physical office moves.
- Able to independently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Excellent prioritization skills, self-motivation, and work ethic. Friendly and eager to learn. Top notch customer service skills.
- Ability to follow detailed system build procedures, and process workflows related user support and system administration, including setup and delivery of new equipment, installing software and related patches. Ability to create and append process documentation for standard processes as agreed upon by the team.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Must have a solid understanding of computer hardware, Windows operating systems through Win 11, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac/MacOS, and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office365 Suite and Adobe products. Experience with studio development applications including: Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, PlayStation SDK and development consoles are a big plus. Knowledge of Windows deployment solutions such as WDS, WAIK, and MDT. Understanding of current hardware standards and trends. Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools. Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S, as well as network hardware. Basic understanding of server side components and applications. Experience equivalent to MTA, MCSA, ACMT, CompTIA A+ or above highly desired.
- Run small projects as required and work as a reliable teammate to help deliver projects on time.
- Proven success in a helpdesk or service oriented structure. Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures. Has IT experience working for a high tech company, preferably in multimedia or entertainment.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23