Incubation Technical Artist (Mid to Senior)
Bungie is looking for a technical artist to bring their unique perspective and expertise in game development to one of its incubation projects. If the idea of working on a sandbox-driven survival game sounds like your cup of tea, we want to hear from you!
As a tech artist in incubation, you will provide solutions to a wide range of visual problems, from helping to realize early concept art in game, building shaders and VFX, to improving artist workflows. This is as much about breaking conventions as it is about establishing new ones.
This role focuses on both content creation as well as optimizing processes for the other artists on the team.
- Iterate swiftly to help the art team establish its bold new vision
- Facilitate rapid exploration through both conventional and unorthodox methods
- Provide the technical component of look development
- Write new shaders and render features to upgrade the screen and delight our customers
- Create tools to integrate 3rd party software such as Houdini, EmberGen and
- Substance Painter in the artist workflows
- Build out new tools to empower content creators to do their best work
- Prior professional game development experience
- Strong aesthetic sense with a solid understanding of content creation pipelines
- Experience developing tools in languages such as Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL
- Knowledge of real-time shaders and PBR pipelines
- Experience troubleshooting stability and performance on different platforms
- Experience with Unity
- Experience creating new render features for an engine
- Production experience creating VFX
- Production knowledge of Houdini
- Experience with procedural generation
- Updated Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Updated Portfolio / Demo Reel
- Provide password if applicable
- Tailor your portfolio to the specific job that you’re applying for
- Portfolio breakdown: provide additional notes, references, explanations, etc.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23