Incubation Level Designer (Senior to Staff)
Are you on a mission to create games that bond players together into deeply invested communities? Are you passionate about how player abilities and level design work together to create amazing gameplay moments? Do you love quickly prototyping environments to see how player actions work in different spatial contexts?
Bungie is looking for a Level Designer to contribute to an unannounced multiplayer action game currently in development.
Submission Requirement: Please submit a portfolio link along with your application that demonstrates your level design process from concept to prototype to finishing. During the interview, we'll ask you to walk us through your level design process, using your portfolio as reference.
- Concept, design, and rapidly prototype new map layout and level design ideas in engine
- Contribute to and uphold the creative vision of the game, ensuring consistency across all aspects of game design
- Modeling environment geometry from simple mass-out to final layout state
- Conduct playtests autonomously to drive feedback and suggestions to iterate on your work
- Embraces a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Excellent sense of scale, proportion, and spatial awareness
- Experience building and iterating upon a multiplayer level for a shipped action game
- Excitement for incorporating character movement/traversal into level design
- Basic understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max and other 2D/3D applications
- Experience with character-focused 3rd Person action games (action adventure, platformers, isometric, etc)
- A passion for the competitive gaming landscape, esports, etc
- Experience with UV mapping and painting custom texture sets for levels
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23