HR Business Partner - 9 Month FTC
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
To act as a business partner to key stakeholders with the responsibility for delivering a HR service across relevant business areas. You will be responsible for developing people plans that works across the full HR spectrum including performance management, organisation design/change, talent management, employee relations, employee engagement, culture, reward, and communications.
As HR Business Partner you will:
- Build effective relationships with key partners, contributing to and enabling the delivery of the business strategy.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and deliver the people plan for the relevant business area that will support the delivery of the overall strategy.
- Be the face of the central HR team, utilising the wider team where required, to support managers with general HR matters.
- Develop coaching relationship with key partners to support them in solving people and business challenges.
- Employee Relations – manage ER issues by providing advice and training to managers, ensuring legislation is followed by liaising with legal advisors
- Performance management - drive the roll out of performance management throughout the relevant business area including providing training, coaching and support to ensure high standards are achieved across the business area
- Collaboration with the Rewards Manager – create and maintain appropriate reward strategies in line with the people plan and business requirements. Support the annual salary review and bonus planning processes.
- Policy - provide pragmatic advice to line managers on the implementation of all people policies. Input to the design of policies and policy roll out processes where appropriate.
- Talent Management – support the business, working with the wider HR team where relevant, to develop and deliver the talent plan. Develop the management capability of the senior managers in identifying requirements, gaining department consensus.
- Structures – lead organisation restructures working with stakeholders, as and when required.
- Change – build the change capability that supports the delivery of change programmes.
- Ideally degree level education or equivalent
- HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, mentoring, and organisational change.
- Proven relationship management experience.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, challenging environment, with deadline driven business teams.
- Good project management skills.
- Proven understanding of employment law, including TUPE.
- Ability to build positive relationships to enable collaboration
- Communicates clearly and persuasively at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in an ever-changing business environment
- Resilient and ambitious to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit
- Detail conscious, procedural and strong on Employment Law
- Able to resolve a problem within the business that requires a trade-off between best practice and what will work
- Intuition for business – deep insight and a detailed understanding of the business environment/industry in which the business operates.
- Strategic efficiency – ability to generate HR business insight.
- Ability to successfully implement HR initiatives in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23