PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Graphics Programmer to contribute to our development process on a AAA game. This position specializes in programming that centers around graphics functionality of the target platform and game engine.
- Key contributor to the development of technology of cutting edge, 3d rendering technology within the constraints of the target system and performance characteristics of the game engine. This includes, but not limited to, complex shader coding, lighting models, special effects, occlusion schemes utilizing the rendering architecture, particle systems, shadowing solutions etc.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the engine and tools pipeline to manage communication and enable early identification of issues to ensure issues pertaining to the production or use of the Graphics Pipeline are strategically managed.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the games designs to manage the identification of graphics-led solutions to requested features. This could include, but is not limited to, use of complex shader tricks in achieving a specific visual effect, as requested by the art or design team.
- Collaborating with the development team to strategically manage and develop all aspects of the game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Providing input into the technical design and the vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the games design.
- Independently undertaking research prior to the commencement of a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
- Managing the iterative improvement of the internal studio’s engine and tools by maintaining foundational continuity.
- Clearly communicating updates and concerns to their manager.
- Managing requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Capable of resolving a range of highly complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members. This will include the ability to explain themselves in writing and using a variety of audio visual aids.
- Actively maintaining skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Minimum 1-2 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles considered a strength.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Proven demonstration of graphics rendering techniques.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: Bend, ORDate posted: 2021-12-11