Graphics Engineer Intern
The Unity platforms graphics team is looking for a motivated graphics intern to help with the team's mission of continuing to improve the unity graphics technology over multiple platforms. You will help out with profiling and performance improvement, improving the user experience, bug fixing and implementing automated tests!
You’ll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on the core C++ graphics engine as well as the C# scripting interface
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation, and tests
- Work alongside full time team members on profiling and performance improvements
What we’re looking for
- Experience with C++, C#, and familiarity with graphics APIs (DX12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Experience with realtime computer graphics
- Strong math skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
You might also have
- You’ve completed a previous internship in games
- You have multiple personal projects related to games or graphics
- You've participated to game jams or hackathons
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20